• Dimitrios E. Bakaloudis, Christos G. Vlachos, 2011 – Feeding habits and provisioning rate of breeding short-toed eagles Circaetus gallicus in northeastern Greece // Journal of Biological Research-Thessaloniki 16: 166 – 176. – (En).
Category: People › B › BAKALOUDIS Dimitris ›
• D.E. BAKALOUDIS, C.G. VLACHOS, G.J. HOLLOWAY, 1998 – Habitat use by Short-toed Eagles Circaetus gallicus and their reptilian prey during the breeding season in Dadia Forest (north-eastern Greece) // Journal of Applied Ecology, Vol. 35, No. 6: 821-828. – (En) /map/ – the abstract was mentioned before.
• ANTONIO-ROMÁN MUÑOZ, BERT TOXOPEUS, JAVIER ELORRIAGA, JUAN-MIGUEL GONZALEZ, BEATRIZ YÁÑEZ, 2010 – First record of a communal roost of Short-toed Eagles Circaetus gallicus // Ibis, Vol. 152, No. 1: 173-175. – (En).
A new article written by Dimitris E. Bakaloudis by results of researches of Short-toed Eagle in Greece /map/ is put now on the Ornis Fennica site. You can find it among a few other works on the Online early section:
• Dimitrios E. Bakaloudis, 2009 – Implications for conservation of foraging sites selected by Short-toed Eagles (Circaetus gallicus) in Greece // Ornis Fennica 86:89–96. – (En).
Two articles have been discovered on the Net:
• D.E. Bakaloudis, C.G. Vlachos, G.J. Holloway, 2000 – Nest features and nest-tree characteristics of Short-toed Eagles (Circaetus gallicus) in the Dadia-Lefkimi-Soufli Forest, Northeastern Greece // Raptor Res. 34(4): 293-298. – (En) /map/ (source – www.researchgate.net).
• J. Overpeck, C. Whitlock, B. Huntley, 2003 – Terrestrial biosphere dynamics in the climate system: past and future – (En). Fig. 5.13. Potential distribution of species under climate change scenarios in Europe – // Paleoclimate, Global Change and the Future: 220 pp.
• D.E. Bakaloudis, C.G. Vlachos, G.J. Holloway, 2005 – Nest spacing and breeding performance in Short-toed Eagle Circaetus gallicus in northeast Greece // British Trust for Ornithology, Bird Study, 52: 330–338. – (En).
This text can be found on the Taylor & Francis Online website.
Here you can acquaint yourself with the work on the wintering of Short-toed Eagle and Booted Eagle in Spain:
• José Enrique Martínes y José Antonio Sánchez-Zapata, 1999 – Invernada de Aguililla Calzada (Hieraaetus pennatus) y Culebrera Europea (Circaetus gallicus) en España [Wintering of Booted Eagles and Short-toed Eagles in Spain] // Ardeola 46 (1): 93-96 – (Es) (source – Ardeola website).
…and with the abstract of an article about Greek Short-toed Eagles:
• D.E. Bakaloudis, C.G. Vlachos, G.J. Holloway, 1998 – Habitat Use by Short-Toed Eagles Circaetus gallicus and Their Reptilian Prey During the Breeding Season in Dadia Forest (North-Eastern Greece) // Journal of Applied Ecology, Vol. 35, No. 6: 821-828 (En) /map/ (source – the JSTOR database).
Some links to V. Ivanovski‘s works concerning Short-toed Eagle ecology in Northern Belarus /map/ (all contain summaries in English):
• В. Ивановский, 1992 – Экология гнездования змееяда в Белорусском Поозерье // Современная орнитология: 56-69. – (Ru) (translatable form) (source – website of the Working Group on Raptors and Owls of Northern Eurasia).
• В. Ивановский, 2002 – Змееяд в Северной Беларуси: настоящее и будущее // Беркут, 11 (2): 158-164. – (Ru) (translatable form).
(source – website of the Ukrainian journal of ornithology BERKUT). The summary of this work can be found on the World Working Group on Birds of Prey and Owls website: The Short-toed Eagle Circaetus gallicus in Belarus (En) – sixth article. At the same time, mark the first article on the list, that is an abstract of the oral report of another researcher: Dimitris E. Bakaloudis – Aspects of the Ecology of the Short-toed Eagle Circaetus gallicus in Dadia Soufli Forest, NE Greece (En) /map/.