This video footage is made up of short parts shot in Northern Ukraine within 2017-2019 years during field observations at Short-toed Eagles’ breeding and hunting areas. The attention was aimed rather at various kinds of behaviour, including territorial conflicts, training of juveniles, individual behavioural features of particular birds.
Posts tagged ‘female’
The Lublin Ornithology Society started their projects on GPS-GSM telemetry of local adult Short-toed Eagles in 2012. Some results of them are available on sites of the society, as well as conservation programs. Just use the Polish name of the species «Gadożer» as a search word to find info regarding Short-toeds in the submitted files:
• LTO, 2017 – Strategia Ochrony Ptaków Strefowych na Lubelszczyźnie [Strategy for the conservation of nest zone protected birds in the Lubelszczyzna region]: 94 p. – (Pl).
• LTO, 2018 – Project Report. Ochrona rzadkich ptaków strefowych w wybranych obszarach Natura 2000 na Lubelszczyźnie [Protection of rare zone birds in selected Natura 2000 areas in the Lubelszczyzna region]: 50 p. – (Pl).
• LTO, 2018 – After-life Conservation Plan. Ochrona rzadkich ptaków strefowych w wybranych obszarach Natura 2000 na Lubelszczyźnie [Protection of rare zone birds in selected Natura 2000 areas in the Lubelszczyzna region]: 21 p. – (Pl).
Also, you can read some fresh news about observations of local Short-toed Eagles on the LTO page on Facebook, and enjoy this short video taken at the nest of a pair where the male is tagged with the GPS-GSM transmitter.
Snake eagle is one of the most elegant raptors in Europe. When observed at close range, one is amazed by the way it can change looks and attitudes. This can clearly be seen in these pictures taken in France (Massif central) in 2009, 2012 and 2016.
Several records of Short-toed Snake Eagle at the boundaries of the species range were reported this summer. Local birders informed about observation of an eagle again in the United Kingdom, at Ashdown Forest /map/ in East Sussex: it was seen several times since June 21st. Unfortunately, the age of that bird has remained unknown. Four years earlier, a young Short-toed Eagle had been observed at Morden Bog /map/, near Wareham.
At the opposite side of the range’s northern boundary, not far from Barnaul /map/, the administrative centre of the Altai Krai, a Short-toed Eagle was recorded this year too. Photos of it are available on the Birds of Siberia website. This time it was an adult bird, as well as the previous one observed in 2016. Also, this summer has brought many encounters with ST Eagles to birders in Kazakhstan, just enjoy the pictures.
• Konstantin PISMENNYI, 2018 – Le circaète dans le nord de l’Ukraine : état et avenir des populations, observations sur quelques couples et individus [The Short-toed Snake Eagle in Northern Ukraine, the population state and outlook, observations of certain pairs and individuals] // La Plume du Circaète n° 16-17: pp. 11-15.
The compilation of the annual gallery for 2017 has been finished. Photos taken in Northern Ukraine depict well-known and new individuals of the monitored pairs. Only 36 out of thousands of pictures taken with the main purpose to regularly identify local Short-toed Eagles individually have been selected for the represented gallery.
Here are some brief reports about Short-toed Eagles in different regions of Belarus. The first one was prepared by nature photographer Pavel Lychkousky and contains a lot of beautiful pictures of the birds at their nest. The nest was found in the vicinity of Ivatsevichy town /map/ this year. The author of the second one is Denis Kitel, known Belarusian expert in local birds of prey. The north of Vitebsk Region /map/ is an area of his work now (Ru):
• Денис Китель, 06.VII.2017 – Красноборские змееяды: первые положительные результаты [Short-toed Eagles of Krasnyi Bor: initial positive results] // wildlife.by. This story has a continuation which is described a little at the Film Studio «Aves» Facebook community.