This video footage is made up of short parts shot in Northern Ukraine within 2017-2019 years during field observations at Short-toed Eagles’ breeding and hunting areas. The attention was aimed rather at various kinds of behaviour, including territorial conflicts, training of juveniles, individual behavioural features of particular birds.
Posts tagged ‘behavioural ecology’
Papers on ST Eagles available on ResearchGateNov 27, 2019 / Comment
The following papers about Short-toed Eagle mentioned on HoverOverUs before have recently appeared on ResearchGate portal in free access:
• Sameh DARAWSHI, Yossi LESHEM and Uzi MOTRO, 2017 – Aggregations and Dietary Changes of Short-toed Snake-Eagles: A New Phenomenon Associated with Modern Agriculture // Journal of Raptor Research, Vol. 51 (4): pp. 446-450. – (En).
• Luca BAGHINO, 2012 – Analisi dell’andamento delle popolazioni di biancone Circaetus gallicus e falco pecchiaiolo Pernis apivorus in migrazione nella ZPS “Beigua-Turchino” (GE) [Analysis of the evolution of the Short-toed Snake Eagle and Honey Buzzard populations in migration in the SPA “Beigua-Turchino”] // In Mezzavilla F., Scarton F., 2013. Conference: II Convegno Nazionale Rapaci Diurni e Notturni, At Treviso, Volume: Quaderni Faunistici – n. 3: pp. 133-138. – (En).
5th Circaetus meeting in France on October 5/6, 2019Sep 30, 2019 / Comment
This year the 5th meeting dedicated to Short-toed Eagle in France will be held in Gémenos, Bouches-du-Rhône /map/. The main contact persons: Richard FRÈZE, Renaud NADAL, Bernard JOUBERT and Jean-Pierre MALAFOSSE. The agenda includes the following topics: development of the national Circaetus network; some biological, ecological and behavioural considerations; reproduction and conservation of Short-toed Eagles in various regions of the country; examination of nests and others. More details in the file: (Fr).
An article on ST Eagle aggregations and dietary changesJan 30, 2018 / Comment
The represented article by Sameh Darawshi and others has been recently published in the latest issue of the Journal of Raptor Research:
• Sameh DARAWSHI, Yossi LESHEM and Uzi MOTRO, 2017 – Aggregations and Dietary Changes of Short-toed Snake-Eagles: A New Phenomenon Associated with Modern Agriculture // Journal of Raptor Research, Vol. 51 (4): pp. 446-450. (En).
Video and pictures of STEs in Northern Ukraine in 2015Feb 7, 2016 / Comment
This video is a compilation of various short parts of the filming done in Northern Ukraine during the last year’s season from spring to fall. The shown moments of Short-toed Eagles’ life are provided with explanatory subtitles. The second part of the annual photo gallery contains descriptions of behaviour and habits of local STEs as well. Please see them under each presented picture.
Thoughts of behavioral ecology. Bernard JoubertFeb 25, 2012 / Comment
Bernard Joubert in his article raises questions of the behavioral ecology of Short-toed Eagle. It is generally accepted that these aspects are highlighted very poorly in relation to the Eagle. This topic is very difficult, with a high probability of erroneous judgments. But at the same time it is extremely exciting and worthy of close attention:
• Bernard JOUBERT, 2012 – Quelques considérations d’écologie comportementale [Some considerations of behavioral ecology] // short-toed-eagle.net (Fr).
B. Joubert’s works in the Alauda journalMay 27, 2007 / 1 Comment
Bibliographical descriptions of Bernard Joubert‘s articles on Short-toed Eagle in the Alauda journal can be found on the Pascal and Francis Bibliographic DB, the abstracts (En) are represented below:
• 1998 – Données préliminaires sur les Circaètes Jean-le-Blanc Circaetus gallicus de Haute-Loire [Preliminary study on the Short-toed Eagle in the Haute-Loire Department /map/] // Alauda, vol. 66, №3, pp. 207-220 (abstract).
• 1999 – Trois comportements de circaètes Jean-le-Blanc mâles Circaetus gallicus en période de reproduction [Three behavior of Short-toed Eagle during breeding period] // Alauda, vol. 67, №2, pp. 141-144 (abstract).
• 2002 – Données éthologiques sur la formation du couple chez le Circaète Jean-le-Blanc Circaetus gallicus [Ethological data on pair forming in Short-toed Eagle] // Alauda, vol. 70, №1, pp. 3-8 (abstract).
• 2002 – L’aire du Circaète Jean-Le-Blanc Circaetus gallicus : Données éthologiques sur la collecte de matériaux. Place du nid dans la stratégie adaptative de l’espèce [Short-toed Eagle nest: ethological data on nest material collection: Importance of nest size and position for the adaptative behaviour of the species] // Alauda, vol. 70, №2, pp. 263-270 (abstract).
• 2006 – Données sur la reproduction du circaète jean-le-blanc Circaetus gallicus dans la haute vallée de l’Allier (Haute-Loire, France) [Remarks on breeding Short-toed Eagle in the upper allier valley (Haute-Loire, France /map/)] // Alauda, vol. 74, №1, pp. 1-12 (abstract).