September 30th, 2015 / Comment
This article, which was published a year ago and was based on data collected in the Cévennes National Park (Parc national des Cévennes) /map/, is available now on the Le C.R.B.P.O. website:
• Jean-Pierre Malafosse, Pierre Maigre, 2014 – Dispersion post-natale des jeunes Circaètes Jean-le-Blanc Circaetus gallicus [Post-breeding dispersal of young Short-toed Eagles] // Alauda, 82 (2): 81-84. – (Fr).
September 1st, 2015 / Comment
The following new paper describes the relation of Short-toed Eagle population to the availability of natural habitats which are being used by them as breeding sites in the Judea region of Israel /map/:
• Ezra Hadad, Gilad Weil and Motti Charter, 2015 – The importance of natural habitats as Short-toed Eagle (Circaetus gallicus) breeding sites // Avian Biology Research, 8 (3): pp. 160–166. – (En).
Thanks a lot to Dr. Motti Charter for sharing the file!
August 24th, 2015 / Comment
Several new works on Short-toed Eagle have been published and included in Guido Premuda‘s Bibliography (Sunbird.it) this year:
• Premuda G., 2015 – La migrazione dei rapaci sulle Alpi Apuane: campo Biancone marzo 2015 [The migration of birds of prey in the Apuan Alps /map/: March Short-toed Eagle camp 2015]. Infomigrans 34-2015. – (It).
• Premuda G. & Belosi A., 2015 – Short-toed Eagle Circaetus gallicus population increase in Italy: hypothesis of root causes // Avocetta 39: 13-17. – (En).
• Premuda G., Belosi A., Viviani F. & Franchini M., 2015 – Short-toed Eagle Circaetus gallicus population monitoring at the Apuane Alps migration watch-site (Tuscany) // Avocetta 39: 5-12. – (En).
August 4th, 2015 / Comment
Please check out the 2nd circular with the full program of the September Conference on Short-toed Eagle and conservation of Mediterranean Raptors (It): Programma del Convegno “Sotto il segno del biancone” [Program of the meeting “Under the Sign of Short-toed Eagle”] – ; the last corrected version of the second day’s agenda – .
Our sincere gratitude to Francesco Petretti again!
July 31st, 2015 / Comment
The represented article contains the detailed history of records of Short-toed Eagles in Switzerland almost within a century of observations:
• Kéry, M. & B. Posse, 1998 – Auftreten des Schlangenadlers Circaetus gallicus in der Schweiz von 1900 bis 1993 [Distribution of the Short-Toed Eagle in Switzerland from 1900 to 1993] // Der Ornithologische Beobachter, 95: 39-54. – (De).
July 30th, 2015 / Comment
Just some articles containing basic facts on distribution, biology and ecology of Short-toed Eagles in Poland, Ukraine and Bulgaria:
• J.Hordowski, 2015 – Gniazda i lęgi ptaków Polski [Polish birds’ nests and broods]: Gadożer Circaetus gallicus – pp. 515-522. – (Pl).
• С.Домашевський, К.Письменний, 2009 – Змієїд Circaetus gallicus // Червона книга України. Тваринний світ [Red book of Ukraine. Animals]: p. 425. – (Uk).
• B.Tonchev, T.Petrov, S.Stoychev, E.Stoynov, K.Velev, 2007 – Орел змияр Circaetus gallicus // Атлас на гнездящите птици в България [Atlas of the breeding birds in Bulgaria]: pp. 138-139. – (Bg)(En).
June 28th, 2015 / Comment
Please get detailed information about the September Conference on Short-toed Eagle: Sotto il segno del biancone [Under the Sign of Short-toed Eagle] – (It).
Many thanks to Francesco Petretti for sharing this!