The next live broadcast of the same Short-toed Eagles’ nest in the Judean Foothills /map/ has been started by Guilad Friedemann and the team on April 4th. As in the two previous years, the stream can be watched on the Israeli Birding Portal. More details are available on the Israel Raptor Nest Cam Facebook page.
The recently accepted article of Guilad Friedemann and others is a result of the study of interspecific interactions between Short-toed Eagles and Long-legged Buzzards and their breeding in the Judean Slopes /map/:
• Guilad FRIEDEMANN, Yossi LESHEM, Lior KEREM, Avi BAR-MASSADA & Ido IZHAKI, 2017 – Nest-site characteristics, breeding success and competitive interactions between two recently sympatric apex predators // Ibis. Accepted Author Manuscript. doi:10.1111/ibi.12498; the Supplementary online material – (En).
Guilad Friedemann and the team started the live stream of another nest of the same Short-toed Eagle pair in the Judean Foothills /map/ this year, since April 2nd. As well as last year, the broadcast is available on the Israeli Birding Portal. For more details, also, please visit the Facebook community page of the Israel Raptor Nest Cam project.
Results of a comparative study of using foraging resources by Short-toed Eagles and Long-legged Buzzards in the Judean Foothills /map/ are reported in the following fresh article of Guilad Friedemann & others:
• Guilad FRIEDEMANN, Yossi LESHEM, Lior KEREM, Boaz SHACHAM, Avi BAR-MASSADA, Krystaal M. MCCLAIN, Gil BOHRER & Ido IZHAKI, 2016 – Multidimensional differentiation in foraging resource use during breeding of two sympatric top predators // Scientific Reports 6. doi:10.1038 / srep35031 – ; the Supplementary information – (En).
This year Guilad Friedemann and the team managed to start a new live broadcast from another nest of Short-toed Eagles in the Judean Foothills /map/. The video stream is available on the Israeli Birding Portal. A short history can be viewed on the Facebook community page of the Israel Raptor Nest Cam project.
• G. M. López-Iborra, R. Limiñana, D. Pavón and J. E. Martínez-Pérez, 2011 – Modelling the distribution of Short-toed Eagle (Circaetus gallicus) in semi-arid Mediterranean landscapes: identifying important explanatory variables and their implications for its conservation // European Journal of Wildlife Research, 57: pp. 83-93. – (En).
• B. Yáñez, A.-R. Muñoz, K. L. Bildstein, I. Newton, A. G. Toxopeus and M. Ferrer, 2014 – Individual Variation in the Over-Summering Areas of Immature Short-Toed Snake Eagles Circaetus gallicus // Acta Ornithologica, 49 (1): pp. 137-141. – (En).
The presented work is available on a website of the Electronic Theses & Dissertations Center. It is based on unique research data of Guilad Friedemann collected in period of 2011-2014. The main goal of the work was detection of the correlation between various environmental factors and migratory movements of Short-toed Eagles and Long-legged Buzzards of the Judean Foothills’ populations /map/:
• Krystaal Moonchyld McClain, 2015 – Environmental Drivers of Migration in Two Israeli Raptor Species – M.Sc.Thesis: 106 p. – (En).