This year Guilad Friedemann and the team managed to start a new live broadcast from another nest of Short-toed Eagles in the Judean Foothills /map/. The video stream is available on the Israeli Birding Portal. A short history can be viewed on the Facebook community page of the Israel Raptor Nest Cam project.
Posts tagged ‘nest-building’
Live HD broadcast from Short-toed Eagle nestMar 27, 2015 / 2 Comments
Many thanks to Guilad Friedemann for kind information about a new project of the KKL Fund – HD Web camera at a nest of Short-toed Eagle in Israel /map/. The online stream and a brief description of the project are available in Hebrew now, the English translation will appear soon. Besides, you can find texts about Guilad’s research in English and in Hebrew, view current data on observations of STE in the country and enjoy a video recently recorded with the installed camera; more clips are also listed on this page now. So help you Google Translate!
UPD May 1st, 2015: the Facebook community has been created for uploading and watching video clips made with the camera.
Northern Ukraine. Notable observations in 2014Jan 31, 2015 / Comment
Observations of Short-toed Eagles in Northern Ukraine in 2014 which deserve to be noted:
• K. PISMENNYI, 2015 – Data on breeding of Short-toed Eagle in Northern Ukraine – , XLS file with formulas – ; Replacement of the biggest 14 flight feathers – ; Some short notes on Short-toed Eagles in Northern Ukraine in 2014 // short-toed-eagle.net (En).
Alternative nest-building of ST Eagles and LL BuzzardsJul 21, 2014 / Comment
Let’s thank Guilad Friedemann for sharing the following article based on data of his studies in the Judean Foothills /map/:
• G. Friedemann, I. Izhaki, Y. Leshem & K. Y. Mumcuoglu, 2013 – Alternative nest-building behavior of the Long-legged Buzzard (Buteo rufinus) and the Short-toed Eagle (Circaetus gallicus) in the Judean Foothills, and the parasitic and non-parasitic arthropod fauna in their nests // Israel Journal of Entomology, Vol. 43: pp. 11-19. – (En).
B. Joubert’s works in the Alauda journalMay 27, 2007 / 1 Comment
Bibliographical descriptions of Bernard Joubert‘s articles on Short-toed Eagle in the Alauda journal can be found on the Pascal and Francis Bibliographic DB, the abstracts (En) are represented below:
• 1998 – Données préliminaires sur les Circaètes Jean-le-Blanc Circaetus gallicus de Haute-Loire [Preliminary study on the Short-toed Eagle in the Haute-Loire Department /map/] // Alauda, vol. 66, №3, pp. 207-220 (abstract).
• 1999 – Trois comportements de circaètes Jean-le-Blanc mâles Circaetus gallicus en période de reproduction [Three behavior of Short-toed Eagle during breeding period] // Alauda, vol. 67, №2, pp. 141-144 (abstract).
• 2002 – Données éthologiques sur la formation du couple chez le Circaète Jean-le-Blanc Circaetus gallicus [Ethological data on pair forming in Short-toed Eagle] // Alauda, vol. 70, №1, pp. 3-8 (abstract).
• 2002 – L’aire du Circaète Jean-Le-Blanc Circaetus gallicus : Données éthologiques sur la collecte de matériaux. Place du nid dans la stratégie adaptative de l’espèce [Short-toed Eagle nest: ethological data on nest material collection: Importance of nest size and position for the adaptative behaviour of the species] // Alauda, vol. 70, №2, pp. 263-270 (abstract).
• 2006 – Données sur la reproduction du circaète jean-le-blanc Circaetus gallicus dans la haute vallée de l’Allier (Haute-Loire, France) [Remarks on breeding Short-toed Eagle in the upper allier valley (Haute-Loire, France /map/)] // Alauda, vol. 74, №1, pp. 1-12 (abstract).
Observations of Andrey KuznetsovMay 23, 2007 / Comment
Just one more Russian text of 20 years ago on Short-toed Eagles’ nesting in the Vetluga and the Unzha rivers interfluve /map/ is brought to your attention:
• Кузнецов А.В., 1985 – Гнездование змееяда в междуречье Унжи и Ветлуги [Breeding of Short-toed Eagle in the area between the Unzha and Vetluga rivers, Kostroma Region] // Орнитология. М.: Изд-во МГУ, Вып.20. 129-132 (Ru).
This article was published as the result of A. V. Kuznetsov‘s four years’ observations on a pair of the birds in the mentioned region.